rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For the vast majority of you...

For the vast majority of you...

Quote: (03-10-2017 09:23 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

For most of you, the change in mindset is the way to go. I'm 27 and just to be honest I'm going to be on TRT forever because of my use of gear. But it's something I love, I breathe bodybuilding. I'm not doing it to pick up women or make up for a short stature, I just love the process. But most people are not like that, to them it's "I'm gonna get swole and then finally I'll be a McStud and my sex life will bloom like never before" and that's just a terrible thing to beat yourself up over because it's not true and it's probably going to take 8 years of busting your ass in the gym and eating like a robot.

This is exactly what I have only discovered in the last 12 months or so. The change in mind set. I got on and off of the workout train so many times after high school, and had no idea why I never even saw a little success each time. It simply didn't matter because of bad habits and the wrong mindset.

For once in my life I have seen some success, which every other time never happened. That's because, although I have goals to look better, the primary and short term objective is to build good habits. I really do think all of the research, all of the exercise, everything would have been for not, if I hadn't focused on good habits. It is the mind set that puts you back on track after a day or two of set backs. It is the mind set that reminds me to get off my ass in the morning, or say no at work.

The point is, whether it takes a year or 5 years, it doesn't matter. As long as the mind set becomes natural, habitual or "robotic" things can only get better. Commitment to the goal is needed, and the only way to maintain commitment for that amount of time, is the right mind set.

Messages In This Thread