rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What 230 wedding stories in The Knot can tell us

What 230 wedding stories in The Knot can tell us

Inspired by Roosh’s video on respect for cold approachers and how rare this is, I’ve coded 230 wedding stories from TheKnot.com to see how commonly this turns into marriage. Yes, many of us will choose not to get married, others want to pass on the family name to their kids someday knowing the grave risks, and a lot of this info applies to LTRs as well.

This is different from how-couples-met studies on the issue because
1) It’s not scientific
2) It only includes weddings occurring in 2017
3) I only coded couples where the bride WB – no omega marriages

A couple of notes:
1) “Social circle” includes HS sweethearts, which is still quite common, especially in the South
2) I gave the groom credit for cold approach even if the woman approached him first as long as she was indirect and the man was able to take the hint and steer the convo towards heterosexuality. There was 1 cold approach where the girl actually approached the man with direct game and after they had interacted for a while, suggested a first-date venue to him.
3) These numbers likely underestimate the percentage of Internet couples. A few brides are still sheepish about admitting this publicly and won't say how they met, just hamster out statements like "we started long-distance" or "we first met on day X..." or "our first date was at..." I didn't code those, but they were probably Internet.

Couples who met through:
Social Circle – 67.4% (155)
Work – 14.8% (34)
Internet – 9.6% (22)
Male cold approach – 7.8% (18)
Female cold approach – 0.4% (1)

My takeaways are
1) You need a social circle, e.g. night classes at your local college to supplement your cold approaches
2) Social-circle betas are so conditioned to uselessly orbit that they will automatically do so even if the girl is attracted. Story after story about the bride wondering when the beta was going to escalate as she kept dropping hints.
3) Most “work” relationships generally start in just one of four industries - retail, food service, education, medicine. Most were fairly equal in the hierarchy.
4) With the college-for-all mantra so strong, “high school sweethearts” will often trial break-up when they start attending different colleges. No one is encouraging 20-year-olds to marry anymore. She is seeing if the grass is greener and if any man can be more exciting than Mr. Hometown. In many cases, she probably would have liked to have been swooped by such a man, but none ever showed up. It's a really good opportunity for a worldly, well-traveled game-aware man in his mid- to late-20s who takes some classes.

Messages In This Thread