rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pre-Nuptual Agreements: the New Anti-Divorce Cure?

Pre-Nuptual Agreements: the New Anti-Divorce Cure?

Quote: (03-06-2017 08:09 PM)tremont Wrote:  

Socially we no longer value marriage as much as our grand parents. A marriage nowadays is really just a stronger promise not to breakup with your girlfriend. Women have jobs, income, and assets of their own. However, the laws have not kept up with us.

To add to this, since marriage means nothing in the West nowadays, what exactly do we get out of going through it that we wouldn't otherwise?

You could argue it means something to your girl, but I would argue finding a girl that it means something to in the West is almost a fool's errand.

So what do we, as men, gain from entering into a marriage, that we wouldn't gain otherwise from simply dating the woman for as long as we please?

Is there a list out there somewhere? Off the top of my head I'd say if you marry, then if you pass away I presume your wife and children would get your things, which is good, but you could write a will to that effect and not have to get married, so that doesn't count.

You could say it binds you before God to your woman, but in America, even so-called Christians are by and large atheist, in thoughts and deeds anyhow. Very, very, very few people actually live their lives according to Christianity nowadays. If any religion or way of life is predominant in America, I'd say it's individualism, and belief in it is very strong.

So what do we gain by marrying an American woman, in America, that we don't have access to anyhow through one means or another?

Which one of you guys is buying what they're peddling, and why? I'm curious, it'd be interesting to get various insights into this.

Messages In This Thread