rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Spanish Language school review thread

RVF Spanish Language school review thread

Does anyone here have experience with Nueva Lengua, Toucan, or other schools?

I have a one month vacation this summer and I’m thinking of enrolling in a 2-3 weeks “intensive” group class. I’ve taken a semester of Spanish class before in the US, have finished half of the duolingo course, and can speak some Spanish at a beginner’s level but nowhere near fluent or conversational. I’d say it’s more of a traveler’s spanish, enough to get around but not enough for an actual conversation. I don’t expect to become fluent in one month but I hope to bring my Spanish to the next level at least. Conversing with my broken Spanish with dates help, but it can only do so much. I still have poor sentence structure and incorrect verb tenses. I’m quite busy in the US and don’t have a lot of time or focus to study Spanish here, although the opportunity to practice is always there, locally at work when I have Mexican clients or whatsapping girls from my previous trips. So I think enrolling in a school with lots of opportunity to practice and to correct my mistakes is the goal for this summer. And build off of that when I come back to the US.

Anyone have recent experience doing this? And which school? Some schools offer dance classes in the afternoon after the language class, and this is something I’m also looking into. I’m looking into splitting my time between Bogota and Cartganena. Guadalajara is a far third option too. But I’d probably choose the former two as I’ve been there before and know what to expect with the women.

Messages In This Thread