rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Article: "EU lawmakers vote to scrap visa-free travel for Americans to Europe"

Article: "EU lawmakers vote to scrap visa-free travel for Americans to Europe"

Quote: (03-03-2017 07:22 PM)mpr Wrote:  

They shouldn't have gotten in either! I think it's insane that Latvia is part of the EU! Brazil, China, and Russia receive a fraction of the number of American tourists that the EU does. I don't think that requiring visas from American tourists will be a fatal hit or anything. But don't kid yourself. It will have a sizable economic impact.

So, basically you're saying half of the EU members shouldn't have got in? Based on what though? Because they have Russian influence? Who cares about if Russia ruled Baltic states or Poland or Romania 40 years ago?

If EU require visa from Americans, nothing will happen to EU or US for that matter. Both of EU and US will lose tourists in overall, that's about it but it's not end of the world.

More than half of the American population don't even have passport anyway. It's not like 200 million Americans are traveling to Europe and Europe are making money just off of American tourism. This is not Cancun.

USA would get affected from lack of tourism from EU as much as EU would get affected from Americans.

But I don't think EU would impose visa against Americans anyway, because if they do, US would also do the same and both of them would lose money in the end.

Messages In This Thread