rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone ever use the G.I Bill overseas?

Anyone ever use the G.I Bill overseas?

Quote: (03-02-2017 07:04 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-02-2017 06:20 AM)Monty_Brogan Wrote:  

One caveat, which I highly recommend: If you go the CC route, Do Not use your GI Bill your first year. Just in case you end up in remedial classes or classes that may not transfer to your State Uni. The second half of your first year is when I would get the ball rolling on your GI Bill. Then you have your ducks in a row when you begin your 2nd year at the CC and you start to receive a nice monthly check.

Now you have one year of CC with hopefully 3/4+ of classes that will transfer and go towards your undergrad, and now you have 4 full years of your GI Bill to complete your degree.

The first year will suck paying out of pocket, but it will be worth the short-term pain.

You can contact the big state university and straight up ask them if they will accept credits from said community college. Any admissions department worth its salt will let you know immediately what credits are transferable.

There's no point in taking classes that don't count for credit towards a degree.

You aren't getting what I'm saying.

If he was in the military, there's a good chance that he may need to brush up on things -e.g., If you don't test into college level math, you will have to take a remedial math class at the CC before you take college level math.

You need to take a math and English test at damn near every CC to determine where you will start out. And the point I was making, was you're wasting precious GI bill credits IF you have to take remedial classes your first year.

Messages In This Thread