rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Public Transport Game (at home and abroad)

Public Transport Game (at home and abroad)

I have been Gaming on public transportation for years. I like it because girls are bored and its a good time to chat with them.

I like this breakdown:

Quote: (08-23-2011 10:24 PM)lilseezie Wrote:  

With my new work/living situation involving daily subway commuting, I've been working on this a lot lately. In the past few months since my heavy train usage began, I'd say about 75% of the numbers I've collected have been from the train (the others from bars/clubs). It's such a great, natural way to talk to people, and most of the time there's at least one cute girl in each car. However, the tricky thing about getting into train game is the audience factor. You have to get over the fact that people all around are going to be able to hear your pick-up, which is tough at first. But after a dozen or so times the concern disappears and you forget they're even there. The key is to keep things as natural as possible. Here are a few tips that have helped me so far:

1) Stick to the middle. This applies for trains only, but the middle cars typically have more people and greater opportunity than the front and end cars. Particularly during off-peak periods. If it's rush hour then it really doesn't matter where you go.

2) Approach immediately (as PDX mentioned). The longer you sit/stand there thinking of what to say, the weirder it gets and the more forced and awkward your approach will seem. The minute you step on the train/bus and see a cute girl, open your mouth immediately.

3) Keep the approach simple. I usually go with a "Hey how are you?", or "So has it been a good day or bad day so far?" (if later in the day) which can be followed up with "Oh what happened?". I also like Riker's "Are you a tourist?".

4) Find out early where she's going. Not her address obviously, but it's very helpful to know what stop she's getting off at so you know how much time you have. You don't want to pull up to her stop unexpectedly and be scrambling for your phone like an idiot. Pace the conversation and make sure you get the number right before she gets off (or you if your stop's up first). An easy way to find out her stop is to throw in "So you headin' home or to work?" right after the initial greeting. Based on her answer you can say something like "Oh do you get off at Stop X? I know some people who live/work around there."

5) Be entertaining. Commuting is wasteful down time that everyone wishes they could avoid. That's why people bury themselves into their phone or book on the bus/train - to make the time go by faster. If you're going to pull her away from her story or favorite new album on the iPod, make it worth her while. Crack a few jokes and experiment. For example, I like to comment about the crazy characters one meets on the train. She almost always agrees, then I'll ask her to tell me a funny train story. Also, since you likely don't have very much time, being entertaining/funny is more likely to make you stick out in her memory than asking her questions about where she's from and what she does for a living, etc.

6) Don't be scared, rejection is rare. Because of the audience factor and because she can't easily get up and move away from you, I've found the girl will almost always engage in conversation with you. This gives you some prime time to win her over, kinda like a hired gun working in a retail store. Now that doesn't mean you'll get the number or eventually get her into bed, but she'll at least acknowledge and entertain your attempt the majority of the time. Keep this in mind if you're nervous about chatting up hunnies on public transit.

That's about it. I'm still perfecting this craft myself, and look forward to hearing about other people's experiences.

-LS

"Hey how are you?".....This line has gotten me more pussy then any other line ever. It can be used anywhere and anytime. Simple, open ended ?. Say it with a relaxed smile and confident body language and the conversation should be on. If she is reading a book or texting I often interrupt her. "Is that book good?" or "I heard that phone sucks"

Messages In This Thread