rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gambling addiction

Gambling addiction

Quote: (02-13-2017 05:54 AM)matt Wrote:  

Has anyone here have gone through a gambling addiction? And how did you manage to overcome it? I have been gambling for about last six months, thankfully I haven't got myself into debt so far, but there have been times when I lost everything and was so close to it. I just cant stop, for me its not just the money, its adrenaline you get when gambling that keeps me addicted. Now I dont earn much, but it still sucks when you loose your weekly wages just to feed your addiction.

Yes I have. On & off since like 2008 probably. I still struggle with the temptation to this very day. Sports betting is a hell of a drug. And I NEVER knew when to cash out. There were times when I coulda cashed out BIGGGGGG! Back in 2011 I should've cashed out a $70K+ balance. Guess what? I lost the whole thing, lol!

Then even earlier this year saw a balance of $40K+. Guess what? POOF!, GONE! LOL. Yo get this bro. The $40K+ balance had I left it in Bitcoins, coulda became $750K!!! But yeah, my timing & luck ended up completely off. I'm using this as inspiration to pick up the microphone and do some music shit I've been dreaming of doing for more than a decade now. I know how to get in contact with some pretty big producers & I have some crazy ideas. I have no fear of what the hell anyone thinks. I've been through a divorce recently (I have a kid too) & almost every millionaire I've observed wouldn't be where they are today if they listened to the critics. The job I recently took decided to part ways with me rather abruptly. My credit accounts are largely shot, but I have a few small gasps of capital & a couple other hustles sustaining me. I'm ready to make history & I don't care if I die trying! This is bigger than gaming chicks!

I'm aware some of you might think I need to go see a shrink, and I'm totally fine with that! I'm actually feeling more liberated than ever today in some ways! Full disclosure, I'm 34 & also in the best shape of my life now after several months of cutting back immensely on alcohol, hitting the gym way more, and sticking to a protein heavier diet. I'm also 6 feet tall. I'm an attractive looking minority, not Caucasian. I get complimented by chicks more than ever on my looks alone. I used to lack confidence & swagger as a younger guy. I got swagger for days now if you want it. Now I just need to multiply these stacks again and hopefully not via sports betting.

Messages In This Thread