rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Running a poker house

Running a poker house

Just got a new apartment. Nice living room. Thinking about running a game. Doing my research right now. This town has 30k in it but oil money is strong. Will scout for a month or two to find the local games.

I just need 15-25 consistent players, a gorgous server, a dealer and back-up dealer that can control a room and I will be straight. Hardest thing is finding the right players.

I will keep this thread open with my progress, thoughts, and eventual opening. I dont think I will open till May or June. Probably run on Saturdays and Sundays. Rake is 10% with a 10 dollar cap, free beer, food, i wont open any books. Consider getting the UFC fights. Myself and a roommate plays so we will play only to kick off a game or keep it running.

Biggest concern are guns. I will make sure my players are decent drunks with money to burn, but being in Texas alot of players carry. I did, my roommate has three, and I have been at games were guns have been drawn. I think as long as I have the right players then I should be straight. We will see.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Messages In This Thread