rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

London Nightlife Data Sheet 2017 by Boris

London Nightlife Data Sheet 2017 by Boris

Quote: (02-06-2017 11:30 PM)natas305 Wrote:  

Awesome sheet, Boris Alotovmuff. Spent a decent amount of time in London and have gone to a few of these spots but I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface now.

I do have one question though if you don't mind. Let's say you're coming to London in the summer for a month to hang out and don't really have a local crew. What would you say are the top 3 or 5 bars/clubs that'd you'd recommend? Obviously the ones that are member only but rated 10/10 wouldn't really work for someone coming into town for a short amount of time. So I'm curious which small group from this list you'd recommend focusing on.

Rolling solo is generally a no-no at clubs in London, more so than other cities whatever people on this forum may say... if you rock up at a club you can tell the door bitch that you are meeting people inside but they may well suspect you of being a drug dealer. Even if you get inside you are going to struggle to infiltrate sets without a wingman, girls don't generally go to bars here alone unless they are pros.

It's worth noting that only two of the venues (Tramp and Loulous) on the list are actual members only clubs. All of the other high end places are just pretending to be members clubs, in the same way that they pretend to have guestlists (the non-existent guestlist phenomenon is a confusing aspect that I may possibly explain at a later date if anyone is interested) If you are well dressed, have a wingman (not more than 1) and arrive early you will probably get in to the Mayfair clubs. The venues listed in Camden and Shoreditch are much easier to get into; they are not exclusive at all, it's only big groups of guys that will face any kind of challenge. If rolling solo, go to bars rather than clubs.

It really depends on how old you are and the scene you like as regards what bars to pick. If you are young i.e. under 25 and on your own go to shoreditch and bar hop as per the above list. It's busy with a high turnover of people, so people won't really notice at first if you are on your own.

If you are a bit older and want a professional after work crowd you can check out aqua, dirty martini, novikov, mayfair bar, & bar 59 which are all within walking distance of each other and you will get away with being on your own at these bars without anyone really batting an eyelid.

I'm sure you can find people to meetup with on the meetup section of this forum, there are also various other pickup forums based in London that are very active so you won't find it hard to locate a wing.

Messages In This Thread