rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel Safety for Beginners

Travel Safety for Beginners

I've tried searching around the forum for a thread related to safety and avoiding unwanted obstacles during your travels and i really coulnt find much aside from tips here and there in varying threads like ones regarding muggings that have happened to some of our members. So i decided to create this thread myself so that all of our veteran travellers can share valuable in info (or some tips in general) on how to dodge trip destroying calamities, whether they be sickness, stolen stuff, dealing with locals, avoiding wrong crowds, over or under packing, etc. As well as steer yourself towards the "trip making moments" like meeting new people (women), sight seeing, food, etc.

The reason behind making this thread is that I'm a brand new traveller myself and relatively young as well (18) looking to travel through india with friends, duos, and maybe even solo and Im having a hard time getting the fear of disaster while travelling off my chest. "What if i get lost?" "What if i get robbed?" "Can i trust them?" etc.

I was born and raised in Canada my entire life and have only travelled outside the country with my family, and I dont think the mindset I had when travelling through Canadian cities is really one that I can apply in any third world countries.

Look forward to hearing from you guys, and I will also post my specific trip plans for a camping on an indian mountain with my friends and some girls we met when the plans are a little more solid. If it works out and I can apply some of your guys' tips i think it'll be a great first trip!

Messages In This Thread