rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Have you ever got a bang from approaching a girl in 5+ set?

Have you ever got a bang from approaching a girl in 5+ set?

XXL dropping bombs in here -- one thing to add, re: breaking into the groups with social energy: eavesdropping + pithy quip that sparks more conversation.

I.E. maybe they are complaining about some guy issue with an acquaintance; I'll wait until their convo reaches a crescendo thematically and volume-wise, and at the next opp, jump in with "couldn't help but overhear -- hah, I've been That Guy before, I bet your girl [whatever funny prediction]". Usually each girl will jump in with her contribution, excited to keep the convo going and seeking validation from handsome stranger who just "read their minds" on the heels of them realizing they were being pretty loud in public.

It's like the perfect exchange of social value and fits the aforementioned vibe of avoiding lame q's (though this can segue into nice logistics questions), delaying targeting the specific girl (get them competing), and keeps the party going.

Disclaimers: this is something I use if I'm not already in my own whirlwind, jumping into sets with my own self-amused musings.

You MUST calibrate the eavesdrop + pithy remark so as not to be creepy. As usual the best comes from toeing the line -- commenting on a personal "I know that feel [from the other side]" level, but being so "OMG he's so right" about it that it negates any creepiness the personal nature would otherwise risk.

So, don't jump in on a "OMG why are they late".... jump in on a "sometimes we have a great weekend together, and then I don't hear anything from him on Monday! Is he avoiding me?" kind of moment. Formula kind of being "oh man, gotta interrupt you guys, I'm usually that guy, never realized how it came off! Let me guess: [cold read / tie it back to their night out / etc.]"

Whichever girl was waxing on the topic you speak on, and whatever it was, they can all probably relate to it. Use it is a springboard -- some times the convo can really stay on that topic for a bit (while you drop bait), other times it's an immediate springboard to a here-and-now focused convo.

Pro-tip: this kind of strategic eavesdropping-for-chick-crack game works wonders on the subway train/platform. Go and overhear tourists in your city musing about the wrong way to get to X, or how they got so lost today, or SETTLE their argument about where to eat dinner and get them to take you out to drinks in exchange for showing them around.

Messages In This Thread