rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would you marry a woman who'd been raped?

Would you marry a woman who'd been raped?

Inflammatory title but I think it's a valid question, given most sources claim 20-25% of North American women report being sexually assaulted in their lifetime. And yeah I know those numbers can be misleading, since what constitutes sexual assault is debatable. But based on personal experience, I think these numbers are probably accurate.

To my knowledge I've been with three women who'd been raped, plus a fourth who I'm pretty sure was molested by her dad. All four were in my opinion too emotionally damaged to settle down with. I didn't make this judgement as soon as I found out about their history, it took months (in one case, years) for me to swallow this red pill.

The qualities I attribute largely (though not entirely) to their rape histories:
1) inability to fully emotionally connect with a man (not just with me, with their past boyfriends also)
2) inability to accept a supportive or submissive role (fits in with 1))
3) over-reliance on sexuality to buy their way through life (arising from the disconnect between emotionality and the act of sex; ie classic whoredom)
4) exponentially greater tendency towards hamsterism/rationalization, rejection of logical thinking (way worse than the average woman; this seems to fit with the trauma of rape to the psyche, ie the ability to put things out of her conscious mind yet still be affected by them)

Two of these girls I only saw for a couple of months; one, I had wanted a LTR with, the other was a FWB who wanted to turn me into a BF. They both told me they'd been raped at twelve; the one I wanted to wife up only told me that when things were dwindling. The other, I knew enough to keep my distance from.

One girl I was with for a couple years told me she'd been date raped in college. She told me while we were drunk one night, right after an acquaintance of hers had committed suicide. We'd been together for around a year, and I wasn't about to break up with her over it. We never discussed it again, but it lingered in my back of my mind. She was generally great to be with, but any time we had a disagreement, she'd emotionally shut down and refuse to discuss or negotiate. She was also raised by a single mom, which I think affected her even more than the rape.

The one who I think was molested by her dad, later became a stripper and when she got old got covered in tattoos. She's actually living common law and playing step mom and isn't doing badly.

All of these women were otherwise decent, ie above average intelligence, above average looking (6, 7, 7, 8), had decent jobs/were generally self-sufficient and functional.

Anyway, these are only the ones I know about or strongly suspect to have been raped/assaulted. There are likely others who never told me. So, the 20% figure may be accurate. Of course there are many reasons today's women cannot make good wives. I think rape trauma may be one of them given the percentage it seems to affect. I don't mean to seem callous, because I'm not blaming any of these women for what happened to them, but I do honestly think they can not be wife material for a good and ethical man.

Messages In This Thread