rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Trump China Policy Thread

The Trump China Policy Thread

Quote: (02-18-2017 02:20 AM)Transsimian Wrote:  

Quote: (02-18-2017 01:53 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

I wouldn't be surprised if China's government in an effort to save face for terrible domestic issues decides to take on either Ameria or Japan. I'd presume they try and take out a US carrier fleet which would be a terrible blow to America's pysche.

At that point, rest assured a Trump administration would unleash total war on the Chinese which would become a massive loss for them.

The Chinese military has no conventional way of bringing the fight to the USN or Japan. What it can do is devastate Taiwan with thousands of ground-to-ground missiles.

If the USN intervenes, China will be unable to win, and like you said it would likely cause the collapse of the party.

However, I was thinking a bit smaller, I suspect they might want their fake islands in the South Sea blockaded, so that they could parade the faces of any killed Chinese servicement on the media, and blame Western aggression for their pullback from the bases set up to enforce their ludicrous territorial claims.

Take a look at this post on Quora:
https://www.quora.com/How-would-a-war-be...a-play-out

The TL;DR for this is pretty much in line with your post. China could very well attempt to nuke a carrier fleet, but that would be China's only win. Such an attack would make them a parriah state and would end with multiple fronts from different nations attacking them.

It's high time for China to get balkanized anyhow.

Messages In This Thread