rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obama ending ‘wet-foot, dry-foot’ policy

Obama ending ‘wet-foot, dry-foot’ policy

Cuba will be great again but it will be the descendants of the Cubans who fled during and right after Castros takeover living in the US that will make it so. Unlike subsequent migrations (like the 1980 Mariel boatlift when Castro shit on the US and pissed in Jimmy Carter's face) that first wave (like my parents) were the highly educated, highly motivated, wealthy, elite land owners who were the most at risk during the political purges that ensued...and lost the most because of it.

My ancestors (both maternal and paternal) emigrated to Cuba from Spain in the 19th Century when it was pretty much to Spain like the American west was to the US. My mothers family owned a lot of land including an approximate 3 mi of beachfront on the northern shore in Pinar del Rio province. My grandfather exported sugar, beef, pork tobacco and even minerals from a mine he owned. I was born in Miami and grew up hearing all the stories. Castro destroyed what Cuba could have become for my parents' generation...but thats not been forgotten

But don't underestimate the old school Cubans (and descendants) who've been building wealth and power in FL, Spain, Puerto Rico, etc.... biding their time...

There's a number reasons FL went to Trump not the least of which is the very conservative old school Cuban power base there.

This policy change in my opinion is a good step. The current Cuban population is so indoctrinated in the only (fucked up) system they've ever known so they don't have the skill set necessary to "right the ship" when the time comes (and it will come). So good......America is on it's way to being great again,... then it will be Cuba's turn... But it wont be powered by Cubans staying put as much as it will be the when money, talent, and values start flowing back there. Cuba was great and will be again. It's just a matter of time

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Messages In This Thread