rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How resurgent libertarianism sprung from a lack of masculinity.

How resurgent libertarianism sprung from a lack of masculinity.

Quote: (04-12-2017 10:08 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Nobody as yet can define where our current system ends and libertarianism begins, and no two libertarians seem to be able to agree even in theory where libertarianism ends and anarchy begins.

Well, this is true. The republican and democrats will stick together thick and thin, no matter what. They support their party. Whereas libertarians are individualists. Libertarians don't believe in group-think. A group of libertarians can all agree on 95% of the issues but spend all night ripping one another apart over some nuance. Most libertarians aren't part of the Libertarian Party. We don't support groups. We believe in the individual and think that rights and life decisions belong to individuals.

Getting libertarians together is like this:

[Image: cat-herding.jpg]

Quote: (04-12-2017 10:08 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

The reality is that you can't have rights without a few associated responsibilities, as you accept. Yet the modern libertarian is often obsessed with the rights to the point of completely ignoring the responsibilities, and nobody is interested in listening to that guy because he simply sounds selfish and short sighted.

I often hear the main parties refer to libertarians as selfish. Like it's some unforgivable sin. Of course I'm selfish. I care about me. Why should I have my money stolen to give to some guy across town I don't know, will never meet, and don't give one shit about? Yeah, I'm selfish. If you want to give away your money to people you don't know, then it's your prerogative. But when you lobby your government to use force to extort money from me, then that's theft. And any five year old knows that stealing is wrong. But for some reason, growing up to be a republican or democrat suddenly makes adults think that theft is ok as long as it's under the guise of helping someone "less fortunate."

Give away your own money. I'm selfish and I wanna keep mine.

Messages In This Thread