rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2017 Stock Market thread
017 Stock Market thread
Quote: (01-08-2017 01:46 AM)Razor Beast Wrote:  

Quote: (01-07-2017 06:33 PM)Skank_Hunt Wrote:  

The major indices seem overvalued, propped up by heavy stimulus to prevent a meltdown, but the question for 2017 is will this continue or will there be the overdue correction. P/E ratios are very unattractive to me and there doesn't seem to be the real growth in support of these higher index values. I couldn't justify putting cash in there because I very rarely deviate from buy low sell high, and there should be a correction if these were normal market conditions... At the same time it's possible the indices just keep going up quietly albeit for no good reason.

So going from whole indices I will be looking at undervalued sectors within them and investing in ETFs associated with them or a handful of stocks.

They keep going up because there are few places outside the stock market you can put money where any reasonable return can be expected. Stock market is richly valued now but given lack of other attractive investment options you really don't have a choice.

I agree with you both. I'm still putting in $$s through the 401K (SP 500 Index Fund) however I have not had the chance to put money in my personal portfolio. Just sitting on cash.

I am definitely bearish right now. I think we'll be seeing a recession in 2017/18. President Trump and his policies may be able to mitigate the adverse effects of the recession, however I don't think its avoidable altogether.

Messages In This Thread