rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

GOMAD diet, Long term problems ?

GOMAD diet, Long term problems ?

I did it for about a month, to the best of my recollection. Was my first attempt at self force feeding.

Pros:
- Weight did increase a small amount. Naturally, it's all going to be fat unless you're concurrently training.

Cons:
- Your stomach, even if you are not lactose-intolerant, will be intolerant of that much lactose. You're not designed to consume a gallon of milk -- that's the job of the calf. I had to change my work/seating habits to allow releasing of all the continuous and nasty resulting gas away from other people.
- Your bowels aren't designed to handle it either. You will be wrestling out your stools every bathroom visit.
- It will kill your appetite. You think you're getting ahead by it being 'additional'. But it's not additional because you can no longer stomach eating your normal real meals.
- (minor) You have to factor in obtaining or transporting it every day.

If you want to force feed, I would recommend these two options, which I found more successful (although ultimately not successful enough):
- Medical meal replacements. These are given to sick people in hospital who have difficulty eating, but not so much difficulty that they need IV. They are very thick, dense nutritional liquids, and very convenient because they come in normal drink cartons. Do a search, each country has different brand names/suppliers.
- Homemade bulking shakes. Instead of just taking straight milk, you blend it with other ingredients like nut spreads, protein/milk powder, oil (which you can dial in to adjust stool motility), oats etc.

Messages In This Thread