rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Signal: Encrypt Your Text Messages for iOS or Andriod

Signal: Encrypt Your Text Messages for iOS or Andriod

Quote: (12-26-2016 06:25 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

Quote: (12-26-2016 06:21 PM)chakalaka Wrote:  

You can´t say it will be secure. You know it´s secure today. But in 10 years it might not be anymore. Do you think the guys who created offshores in the seventies ever imagined they would have their name splashed in the internet? They didn´t. Back then you couldn´t know the evolution of technology. Internet didn´t even existed.

Signal, telegram, etc, etc are protected TODAY. Not in 10 years. Once it´s online. It can´t be erased.
The only anonimity existing today is personal talk and cash. You want to talk secretive. Use pigeons.

Yes, any system that is online is capable of being compromised. The goal of using an encrypted channel is not to delude yourself into thinking you can't get hacked, but rather add an additional layer of security to prevent it from happening. Communicating in-person and by birds aren't always realistic, hence the need for more secure methods. If you have to say "where are we going to hide the body?" type conversations of extremely sensitive nature, then yes, do it in person.

The birds was an exaggeration. But to be honest. It doesn´t have to be a criminal conversation. Simple business secrets might need an extra layer of security.

What I´m trying to say is you can´t get hacked today. But in 5-10 years you probably will. And you can speak now thinking it´s secured and in the future discover it isn´t. Using it will not remove the risk. But of course it´s better to use it. It´s just another lock. Even if my car is locked I will still not leave valuable good in sight.

Only cash and personnel conversation can´t be traced. A better solution for more important talks is buying two phones. Between you and the person you want to talk to. Like walki talkies. Never say names in the conversation. And this phone is only used for those two persons. I believe the POTUS can only call 5 numbers from his phone.

Messages In This Thread