rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shanghai Datasheet 2016

Shanghai Datasheet 2016

While there hasn't been an good datasheet from Shanghai from my opinion, i give you my experience living in this city for a year.

The city itself: Beside it's a great city to make money , there are not that much things to do like example Bangkok or Tokyo during daytime. You can go to the bund, Nanjing road, some fake markets, yuyan garden. So that's it. If you're here for holiday and not for work , i would advice you to not stay longer than 8 or 9 days . The power from the city is it's amazing nightlife and culture. It's a really cheap city compared to Tokyo or Seoul, which is amazing. You only can withdrawal money with your visa cards from Bank of China or ICBC bank.

Food: The only thing i can say is avoid eating streetfood, it makes you ill. And avoid cheap noodles shop, get poisoned there a few times.

Nightlife:
The great thing about the nightlife in Shanghai is that you can do it completely free. If you know a promoter ( which is easy as a foreigner), you can enter for free and get free drinks. The downside of this is , it's china, it's fake alcohol.

Clubs to avoid: fusion, Bar rouge, Mint!!! ( Fusion is packed with 80 % foreigners and is a huge sausage fest, Mint and Bar rouge are Porsche clubs for business people, so it will be hard to pull unless you are a tall blonde guy)

Clubs/bars i recommend: lola, perry's. ( in lola i saw the best ratio's ever, perry's is like a dancing bar with a lot of college students)

Notice: an upcoming thread i saw is the many hookers in the nightlife in Shanghai, this really sucks. So beware of this, as prostitution is illegal in China.

The girls: i found chinese girls are really friendly and open to foreigners. Their rejection will be 10000 times sweeter than any western girl.
Chinese guys are also really friendly, not like cockblockers i've met in many other countries.
Chinese girls are much sweeter, more affectionate than any western girl and not that bitchy as korean girls can be. ( to foreigners at least [Image: smile.gif], for chinese guys they require a house, a car,a lot of cash to marry her )
The most chinese girls i met spoke understandable english, not fluent but understandable.

Area to stay during your time in Shanghai: As Shanghai is such a huge city, i would recommend you to stay in the French concession/ jing an temple area where the nightlife is located.

My favorite place for daygame were the shopping malls around Xintiandi.

Notice: Due to the many foreigners here ( there are so many French , russian, germans , ..) the wow factor that you're a foreigner is gone. If you really want to be a god in China , i would recommend a second tier city such as Xi'an or Kunming, where you are really a superstar. Keep in mind, if you live in a 2nd tier city, what i did either for 2 months, it can be really isolating sometimes and these places are most of the times shitholes and the language barrier is immense.

I will hit East europe from next week on , so if you're in Ukraine or Poland or Lithuania please send me a pm, so we can go for a drink.

F

Messages In This Thread