rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Night owls how do you force yourself to keep waking up early?

Night owls how do you force yourself to keep waking up early?

I know the thread is called "Night owls how do you force yourself to keep waking up early" but here are some general sleep tips I think might help:

. Don't put your alarm clock next to your bed

It's far too tempting to hit the snooze button. Instead, set it far enough away that you'll have to get up to turn it off.

. Refuse to take naps

If you have a hard time sleeping at night, taking naps certainly won't do you any favors. If you're tired, push through it until bedtime.

. Exercise/Workout

There are two components to tiredness -- mental and physical. Sleep is easiest when you're worn out in both ways. Since mind and body are linked, wearing yourself out physically is often enough to deprive your mind of the extra energy it would need in order to stay up late thinking/stressing about shit you can't do anything about overnight anyway.

. Routine

Get up at the same time every morning, go to bed at around the same time every night. If you make exceptions on your days off, your sleep schedule can easily be thrown off track.

. Have sex or fap

Obviously sex would be preferable, but if all else fails you could try fapping. I know the guys on the "No Fap" thread would disagree with that suggestion, but your body produces various chemicals during orgasm that promote relaxation and sleepiness. Chemicals like prolactin, oxytocin, and vasopressin. It's a whole hell of a lot safer than taking sleeping pills.

. Take a hot shower

It seems people are divided on when they bathe/shower. Some are morning people, some are night. If you generally take showers as part of your morning routine, should you choose to try taking one at night to relax it may have the opposite effect. If you're not used to taking showers to help wake you up, they can be quite relaxing and sometimes be enough to put you in the mood for bed.

Messages In This Thread