rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Improv Lessons

Improv Lessons

Quote: (12-26-2016 01:18 AM)DigitalNomad Wrote:  

The benefits for your non-game aspects of life and career will be worth it alone, however in game it is massive.

I took improv about three months after I started learning game.

Didn't think it had any effect at all on Game.

I don't want to discourage cats on this forum from trying it out.

But to me - game conversation, and real-life conversation is about how to respond in interesting, flirty ways.

Improv teaches you how to give a response in the context of a created scene.

I don't think it helps in the context of real-life in an approach. That's just my experience.

I think the better thing for that is figuring out in your past approaches what things you said worked well and what didn't, and repeating that. Also, working with others to better understand how to answer some of the same questions you get from girls over and over again.

I still had fun in the class. But don't go into it thinking you'll come out of it a much improved gamer.

The best practice for anything is practicing the thing itself. Want to become a better hiker? Don't do squats. Go hiking. Obviously, that's not always possible, but it's the same with game.

Want to get better at game?

Take improv if you have time for it, and would like to do something fun. I think spending the 2.5 hours/week making day approaches would be better, although I understand that's a much harder thing to do.

Do both, ideally.

Quote: (07-13-2015 04:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  
If you're serious about self improvement and make real effort, this forum will always have your back.

Messages In This Thread