rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Young Americans (18-34) Living With Parents Rises to 75-Year High

Young Americans (18-34) Living With Parents Rises to 75-Year High

Quote: (12-21-2016 10:37 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Also an interesting and interrelated article:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-21...udent-loan

This just boggles my mind. You normally think of the student loan crisis as a Gen X or millennial thing. The idea that a fucking Baby Boomer, gifted with possibly the most favourable economic headwinds and advantages in history, cannot even pay off their student loans from when they went through in the 1960s or so, is just inconceivable to me.

I don't think these are loans from the 60s and 70s. College was very affordable then and you could work through it. I think the boomers got caught up in the education bubble "needing" advanced degrees to get ahead in the workplace, in addition to those of the boomer age who "had to go to college" to "finally get that degree." Just like the millenials, gen-x, and the like got caught up in the education bubble because they were told you had to go to college to be someone.

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

Messages In This Thread