rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

High-End Dining and Liberal Narcissism

High-End Dining and Liberal Narcissism

Quote: (12-24-2016 09:19 AM)Veloce Wrote:  

But I've also eaten at a lot of high end spots that were all smoke and mirrors. Hell I'm not even a fan of the food I cook in Vegas, but we have a certain clientele that expects certain things. Most Western chefs hate their own cooking and go out for late night asian food after work. There's something inherently wrong with that. If I owned my own restaurant I'd want to serve the food I love to eat.

Do you think that might be because of overexposure to the food they cook?

I'm a halfway decent cook and I enjoy it a lot, but I never enjoy food I cook as much as comparable food cooked by someone else. Pretty often, I'll find my own cooking kinda "meh" but get showered with compliments for the meal.

I suspect it's because I'm around the aromas so much during the cooking that my palate is a bit dented by the time the food is actually done. Not sure what I can do about it without some way of keeping the meal warm and taking a break between finishing cooking and eating.

Messages In This Thread