rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Leaving my Home Country for Australia

Leaving my Home Country for Australia

I spent a couple years living and working in OZ. Had a great time, it's a place where social circle definitely helps like anywhere else. I definitely recommend meeting locals and foreigners while there. A lot of expats hang out in packs, like the spaniards, Italians, French, Thai, etc. Once you get in with one they will introduce you to their circles which is where you can get some nice traction with girls that aren't Aussie.

Amazing weather and beaches in general though, and generally good pay with respect to the cost of living. Nice quality of life although politically it is very liberal. Baristas there can make $25/hr. Contract engineering work is very high like $70-80+/hr. Not sure about teaching jobs though.

You will be exotic so that always helps with the local women. I probably prefer American girls over Ozzie girls in general but Ozzie girls seem to be less hell-bent on getting married like USA girls. It's a societal thing.

Visa-wise, depending on how old you are: you can get a work and holiday Visa that will allow you to live and work in the country for up to one year (but work no more than 6 months for any one employer). If you're looking at SOL jobs, there's two options: the 457 employer sponsored version and there's also an independent option that you can apply for once you're in country but it will cost you a few grand and takes a bit of time to process.

You can enter the country on the work/holiday Visa and then apply for employer sponsored jobs if your occupation is in the SOL list. Or go the independent option which is very similar to getting a green card. Let me know if you have any further qs.

Latin American Coffee Guide
-What other people think of you is none of your business.

Messages In This Thread