rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "leftover women" of China

The "leftover women" of China

Chinese women, like women anywhere, can be over-educated yet unsurprisingly still do things that don't make a lot of sense. Leftover women are entirely their own creation. They don't want to date down, so if they get a PhD and have a cushy government job, they're definitely not going for an engineer with just a master's, unless there's large amounts of money involved.

What's annoying to no end is how western media and ABCs spin the leftover woman issue as indicative of evil Chinese patriarchy. And this narrative is common among Chinese urbanites as well.

Quote: (12-17-2016 12:59 AM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

Not that good ones aren't out there, but I have friends that bought Chinese (meaning they knocked up and were therefore forced to marry them), and I don't think I would consider any of them as being 'happy'. I won't detail the problems and the kids are lovely, but they all have lots of bullshit marital issues, which to my outside perspective appear to be imaginary shit made up by the girl.

Again they aren't all like that...just like 90% of them are. And even if you do luck into a nice, sweet Chinese girl who cooks and cleans and fucks and takes care of you - even then, you're going to still have to deal with her family, who will usually be low class nongs who spit everywhere, smoke and drink baijiu constantly and expect you, the foreign husband, to foot the bill so their daughter can just stay in with the kid (and pollute its mind with backwards Chinese bullshit) and so they can play mahjong all day at the teahouse with their friends.
If you are scared your Chinese wife will pollute your kid with Chinese bullshit you probably shouldn't have a Chinese wife, unless you like being a stay-at-home dad.

Also "bullshit marital issues" are probably harmless tests that in western relationships would translate to infidelity and divorce rape. In China it's still largely the man's choice if he wants a xiaosar or not. As for dealing with the nong family, it's your responsibility to invoke the First Principle of Patriarchy With Chinese Characteristics, which is that after you pay the bride price, the wife is part of YOUR family, not hers.

Messages In This Thread