rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women Are the New Partiers and Commitment-Phobes: Analysis

Women Are the New Partiers and Commitment-Phobes: Analysis

While recently reviewing my list of Facebook friends, I came to the interesting conclusion that all my currently single male friends are reasonably successful, normal, family-oriented guys looking for a GF, but all the single females tend to be "party girls" who like getting drunk, being deviant, leading a party lifestyle, and generally not wanting a relationship of any kind.

The reason this is interesting that it goes against the stereotype. Only a few years ago, the roles would have been reversed: the guys tended to be portrayed as Seth Rogen-sque commitment-phobes and partiers, while the women tended to be thought of as "relationshipy." And indeed, as recently as 2001-02, that was the case.

But a new trend has emerged that has flipped the script. I have the articles to prove it, read on.

In terms of my own experience, starting around 2008, all the girls I've met have only been interested in one-night stands but strongly resisted any kind of romantic insinuations on my part. (Prior to that, however, in the early-/mid-2000s, girls were trying to persuade me to start romantic relationships with them, a huge contrast. Maybe some other guys have noticed this too.)

What's going on? Two separate articles confirm women's new preference. Their message: Women right now want independence and partying, while men right now want conventional relationships and marriage. The roles have flipped.

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/sex-relatio...43219110/1

Quote:Quote:

A new portrait of single Americans, drawn from a major new survey, suggests the attitudes and behaviors of today's singles are quite unlike their counterparts just a few decades ago.

Findings show men are more interested in love, marriage and children than their peers in earlier times; women want more independence in their relationships than their mothers did.

"Men are now expressing some traditionally female attitudes, while women are adopting some of those long attributed to men," says biological anthropologist Helen Fisher

And another one, very interesting.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/articl...35,00.html

Quote:Quote:

Women are much more interested in their independence than men are," says Fisher. They value certain parts of their single lives more than men do: according to the survey, women are likelier to want to have their own bank accounts, their own interests, their own personal space and solo vacations, even if they're in a committed relationship. They also care more about nights out with buddies.

Despite the size of the sample and the big names attached to the study, not everybody deems plausible the idea that men are slavering to become husbands. Mark Regnerus, a sociologist at the University of Texas at Austin, points to figures from the 2002 National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health that show the opposite. When asked if they would like to be married, more single women ages 21 to 24 said yes than men. "Maybe this is a brave new world, but I'd be surprised if things had changed that fast," says Regnerus, a co-author of Premarital Sex in America, which explores how young people's attitudes toward sex affect their inclination to marry. But he concurs that women's enthusiasm for marriage has faded in the light of their growing economic independence. "For them more than men, marriage has to be good or it's not worth trading their newfound independence for."

Mark Regnerus is correct: It's a brave new world, literally. The situation was quite different as recently as 5 yrs ago.

Any confirmation of this trend?

Messages In This Thread