rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What role does conformity play in masculinity?

What role does conformity play in masculinity?

I feel that one should appear to conform, but value becoming the best-version-of-himself over what anyone else thinks of him. The only conformity that is beneficial in life is conforming to your own principles, rules and values that you refuse to break. If they have been carefully developed, than any deviation from them will likely lead to consequences down the road. One should also carefully consider the thoughts and feelings of others in their group, and never just steamroll over them with your own ego running the show. I have done the opposite before, and even though I was dominant in the situation and felt great it led to some mistakes that have stayed with me for a long time.

Instead of conformity, take societal norms to your own level. Maximize your style, and put effort into your health and fitness - not for others, but for yourself. Other people will appreciate it too, but it's clear that those who achieve greatness do so by following their own compass and ignoring societal constructs. My masculinity has been developing bit by bit over time, and becoming your best self without caring what others think will be the one thing that causes the opinion of you to improve in their minds.

Keep in mind that most people have no idea what they want, and even if they did they wouldn't have the guts to do what it takes to pursue it. Also know that what one "wants" should be carefully aligned with the outcome of achieving that. Many people have given up everything to climb one ladder or another that is value by "society", only to find that what is waiting at the top is not what they expected. No path will lead to happiness if you don't take it upon yourself to find joy in the present moment, and improve that skill regularly.

Messages In This Thread