rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What role does conformity play in masculinity?

What role does conformity play in masculinity?

Quote: (12-09-2016 12:30 PM)sparkythedawg Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2016 04:27 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Very good first post.

Masculine ideals are a large umbrella of different assorted items. The posters before me have stated it well.

Girls chasing bad boys is a symptom of a lack of patriarchal conrol in their lives. They crave it and thus seek out a characture of it.

As for conformity, there's a degee of it you should be aiming for, but you don't want 100% conformity. Personally, i am for a 60/40 split of conforming. Why? I find this leads to a wolf in sheeps clothing effect. You're able to find your way into certain circles by virtue of fitting in, but then you'll be able to whip out a wild card. Those are the moments that propel you to leadership.
i really like this. and this was sort of the conclusion that I was getting at

I read through these posts and I have two comments
1) I find that there is a balance to be struck. I am from a conservative asian family. and my fathers argument from day one has been "traditions in our culture aren't random rules and bullshit. they serve a purpose and are tested overtime". ie a man works hard to provide for his family because he is inherently strong and stoic. a woman marries young (because young women look better and produce better children). women have more empathy so biologically they are more well suited to take care of the children etc. I could go on. but I feel where my father comes from is very similar to roosh v's position and frankly the whole red pill. I stand on the ground that SOME of these rulings end up being worthless. Some of them come in handy. Ie obviously crack cocaine delivers little long term benefits. but MDMA, LSD, and DMT (when you very cautiously and responsibly) are powerful tools in the quest for self-actualization. As such there is a stigma attached to "Drugs" as a whole which is stupid. But in reality its only a handful of drugs that cause serious issues when abused (which I am the example of). So I would agree. I think one should think about each societal ruling and ask themselves honestly what their role is/was, and what wisdom they carry. 60/40 is a nice ratio. be open minded, but not so open minded that your mind falls out

2) as I stated earlier, there is no hard "list" of things that masculinity encompasses. The question that I ask myself is "Would I respect my dad if he did this?". I wouldn't respect my dad if he banged other hoes while married to my mom. I would respect him for working his ass off to bring me to this country. I would respect him if he worked his ass off. I would respect him if he got swole. I would respect him if I found out he had an insane notch count before meeting my mom lol. This is just my method of dicerning masculine from feminine

any thoughts/arguement is welcome

Forum mantra and panacea is eat clean, lift heavy, learn game, be social, expand your mind. Don't go overboard on the chemical means of expanding ones mind, but use it as a smaller part of a larger whole.

My advice to you: I spent college undoing all of the good habits, tricks, and behaviors I picked up in high school. I spent the first 3 years out of college re-learning all of those tricks again and slapping myself for forgetting.

Don't re-invent the wheel. Our elders made the same mistakes from their parents.

Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Messages In This Thread