rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mental illness meds reducing life expectancy

Mental illness meds reducing life expectancy

I've seen some things and some stuff. Been on one kind of pysch med or another since 2007. There's no escaping it once you have a diagnosis like Schizophrenia or Bipolar. If you stop taking the medications you are likely to be thrown into the psych ward. You take the pills or you don't leave. The weight gain is there. People get addicted to a lot of junk food and eating in general as a means of coping. It can take years to get to the point of acceptance if you're bipolar or whatnot and food is used a crutch.

It is possible to lose the weight with a lot of determination and exercise. Its difficult to even get out of bed on some days and the lack of energy and motivation to do much of anything is a major factor. Not impossible. Just hard work.

I think an issue with the mentally ill crowd is finding some kind of purpose. Being on drugs indefintely can make that a horribly difficult process.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Fiat Jiustitia, et pereat mundus
They can be white, black, nice, fat, just need a crevasse to put my pipe at."- Tech n9ne

"Just because there's a bun in the oven doesn't mean you can't use the stove" - Dain_bramage.

Messages In This Thread