rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cannabis legalisation causing a clash between my libertarian and conservative sides

Cannabis legalisation causing a clash between my libertarian and conservative sides

The only question is should the state have the power to use force ie guns, police, police dogs, or even the power of fines by force, to stop soneone from growing, rolling or smoking a joint.

The question is about force. What is the appropriate use of force? If someone breaks into your house (innitiates force against you without cause) the state has the right to use force on your behalf to stop them. If someone uses fraud to trick you out of your money, same aplies.

But marijuana? Really how can anyone justify that the state has this power over you, to force you to not consume this plant or suffer forced loss of property (fines) or forced loss of liberty (jail).

Marijuana is a stupid drug. It is an ambition killer used mostly by people who want to slightly fade into oblivion. I've tried it, during a phase when I was younger. It has no appeal to me, but I don't support banning it. On a practical level, its outlaw status in the US likely had more to do with corruption against the hemp industry anyway.

So you see the real root of your question is about force. Does the state have the right to exercise its only power, which is force, in this arena? Absolutely not.

Messages In This Thread