rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

United Won’t Be the Last Airline to Charge for Overhead Bin Space

United Won’t Be the Last Airline to Charge for Overhead Bin Space

Quote: (01-19-2017 05:44 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

A couple years ago I started shipping my luggage UPS or Fedex when I fly domestic if it's anything more than an overnight or weekend. Yes it's more expensive but I like just not having to hassle with luggage AT ALL. No loading it in the car, then at the airport and again at the destination.... It's worth it to me

Agreed.

I usually ship clothes ahead, using those vacuum space bags and a USPS Priority box. "If it fits it ships", for $12.95, versus the $25+ for a checked bag. Most cases I'm sending shorts and shirts ahead, and I can throw an iron on them when I get down there.

An added bonus to not checking bags is if the flight is offering bumps. Assuming the airline is offering enough compensation to take a later flight, you're in a better position than someone that has checked bags. The airline only has to worry about moving you, and not have the hassle of catching your bags at the final destination, or worse.

You just need to make the fact that you have no checked baggage clear when the attendants start asking for willing passengers to take a bump.

I'm in western NY, typically the only place I fly to is Florida for vacation. I usually have to connect somewhere (JFK, ATL). So I go down with a carry on that has a change of clothes (in the event I get stranded in the connecting city) and a shit ton of Zweigles (local hot dogs) for the family down there.

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Messages In This Thread