rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Indian Politics

Indian Politics

Quote: (04-20-2017 08:21 PM)Genghis Khan Wrote:  

Quote: (04-20-2017 12:49 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

How much of India's problems are caused by things like the US H1-B program, which takes anybody with a modicum of intelligence (and quite a few without) out of the country and gives them no incentive to work on improving things back home?

Probably not a significant effect. India at large is an economically undeveloped nation. The immense level of poverty and illiteracy, the abysmal condition of the infrastructure, the deep-seated corruption and the insanely frustrating bureaucratic red tape have held the country back (I've wanted to kill myself for the sheer amount of paperwork required to open a bank account). I'm not big on monomania, but if I did have to pick a single cause for all of this, it would be that India has until 1990 followed the communist approach of a planned economy.

The other 2 million - assuming it's pop, mom and 2 kids per family, and the women are typically housewives, means India lost half a million male workers. Take into consideration a lot of people immigration through chain immigration policies, and I'd estimate at best India lost 200K really smart people. For a country of 1.2bn, a drop in the bucket.

Very high quality response. +1 Rep from me. It's hard for Westerners to get a handle of how big 1.2 billion people really is.

Messages In This Thread