rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Vape / Vapers Lounge

The Vape / Vapers Lounge

Surprised there aren't more folks in this thread talking about vaping weed.

I bought a Pax portable vape back in 2013, about a year after I started smoking regularly. It was a major game changer:

-saved me a ton of money (you're not burning half your herb)

-made it easier to dose and imbibe small amounts (I don't like getting crazy stoned, prefer to just take a small hit or two an hour or so before bed to chill out)

-your skin and clothes don't smell like smoke/ganga

-easier to conceal while out in public or on the go

-the high feels "cleaner," like I can go about my business, get shit done, have conversations, etc., instead of just passing out on the couch

-and of course you're not inhaling tar, carbon monoxide, carcinogens, etc.

A friend last year gave me one of the oil-based vape pens, which at the time seemed like a huge upgrade.

It was much smaller and skinnier, and the pen itself only cost ~$30, so unlike the Pax if I accidentally broke it it's no big deal. Once I turned it on it was instantly ready, no need to wait several minutes for it to warm up. And by switching to the smaller oil cartridges I didn't have to worry about grinding up the bud or cleaning the chamber - just toss the cartridge once it's empty and screw on a full one.

However, a friend recently sent me this article about some of the dangers inherent to using the oil pens, which has me a bit worried.

It sounds like there isn't much definitive data on oil quality or toxin/pesticide levels, but aside from that I'm also not sure how I feel about inhaling MCTs or vegetable oil (let alone propylene glycol).

I'd hate to go back to the inconveniences of an herb-based pen, but I'm now worried about the long-term health ramifications - even though I don't smoke that much, over years I'm sure it could add up. I certainly don't want to go back to smoking, and edibles aren't an option for me - they take too long to kick in, last much longer than I'd prefer, and make dosing much more difficult.

Could anyone here comment on this or provide clarification?

Messages In This Thread