rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Relationships are HARD work

Relationships are HARD work

I've been married for 10 months now and been with my girl for a far longer amount of time. It's not multiple years, but I didn't really go through a honeymoon phase nor did we have a big wedding.

I really don't understand this fear of settling down. In fact, I see it as a symptom of the extended adolescence that many men and women these days suffer from. When dating and getting laid stop being your main focus you have time to focus on other things whether it's personal hobbies or work.

Getting into a serious LTR also improved my general relationships with women because I wasn't always thinking about my game and ways to bang them.

With that said, here are my own 2 cents:

The game will get boring. This will happen and it's a matter of when.
You need to stop making sex the be all end all of your life. There's more to living than just busting a nut.

Sex gets boring. Every orgasm starts to feel the same. Vaginas end up being roughly the same. The second you bust you immediately start thinking, "where's my next hole?"

You look at an otherwise hot chick when she's naked and you begin to notice all of her imperfections on her body. Guess what happens when you reach this point? You won't be able to stand a woman outside of the fleeting feeling of using her body.

Here's the honest to goodness truth:
If your girl brings several things to the table that you value, when the sex begins to get boring you'll want to stay with her because of those extra things she's bringing into the relationship.

Will you get dirty thoughts about that hot girl over there while being married? Yes! This is absolutely natural. You will feel urges towards other women and yes you will want to bang the living crap out of them.

Marriage and LTR take work and if you really truly and honestly care about your woman you wouldn't sleep around on her because she would be providing other aspects to the relationship than just a hole to get off in.

Most women, especially women in the west, believe that all they need to bring to a relationship is a vagina and tits. This is frankly pathetic and short sighted. Physical pleasures lose their allure. This has been well known for years, hell the bible even talks about it. In my own personal opinion, this is why divorce is so high today. Women don't understand what it is they need to bring to a relationship and men are either too dumb or short sighted to demand it from women.

Ask yourself, "What does my women bring into our relationship?"
My girl brought chastity, stability, a penchant for self improvement, stimulating conversation (for a girl), the ability to raise and nurture a large family, and a well run home.

Could I cheat on her with someone who is hotter? Yes, but will that hot girl provide me the other trappings of a good partner that i've grown accustomed to? Most likely no. Most hot women you will meet at the bars and clubs will make terrible wives and even worse mothers.

Some guys on here will snarkly reply to this with a, "I can get a maid to run and cook for me!" or some nonsense like that. Honestly, some men here, just like women, will make terrible husbands and even worse fathers imparting neurosis and other developmental issues onto their children for their immature behavior.

You know what it takes to be a good parent and partner. If you truly have found this unicorn that brings all of the things you want to the table, then you need to evaluate yourself.

If you've been with enough women, you will know immediately what it is you want from your relationships. Find those things that you want in a girl and date her long enough to make sure she doesn't get lazy (1 year+).

But seriously please don't waste her time. Nothing is more deplorable than dating a woman for multiple years and then not tying the knot. You waste her fertile years and make her a wasted woman.

In closing: the compromise you make in marriage will allow you to refocus your energy and attention onto other aspects of your life.

I'll probably get a slap on the wrist for this, but Roosh's own writings, blog, and video postings have gotten significantly better this past year. I doubt he's been going out for day and night game. It's sounding like a solid woman is running the ancillary aspects of his life now!

A good woman will take care of the things you don't want to do, keep you company when you get old (you won't be banging 18 year old hotties at 85), and will be the mother of your children.

Edit: Men and women nag. I know a gay guy who told me his boyfriend used to nag him about his dirty kitchen. Seriously, get used to this. Generally, I don't view my wife's nagging as nagging. It's generally useful advice I should heed. Things she has nagged me about recently:

1. Sweetie, you haven't gone to the gym in awhile. You need to start going, you've been getting testy lately.
2. You need to get new glasses. Your current ones are falling apart.
3. You need to throw these socks out, they have holes in them and barely cover your foot. I'll buy new ones from Amazon.

Those are a few ones I remember off of the top of my head. If your woman is good, you'll see her nagging as good advice rather than just nags.

Messages In This Thread