rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Relationships are HARD work

Relationships are HARD work

Gents, you are all legends. Thanks for the thoughtful, considerate comments.

A few clarifications:

1 - "Ball busting" was really the wrong term.

It's more like pouting.

My girl doesn't bust my balls in the Western sense, I'd put up with that for about 400 milliseconds.

She's Thai, and her modality is one of whining and complaining in a little girly kid voice when she doesn't get her way.

It's generally about small stuff like going somewhere, or buying something we don't really need but that she wants, like a dessert.

She'll pout and make a little fuss but I generally don't let this affect my frame at all.

I also let her know if she's stressing me out and that I absolutely don't appreciate it and won't tolerate it.

And she chills out.

In fact, I had a long conversation with her where I in no uncertain terms let her know that if she's adding more stress to my already-stressful life (I'm an entrepreneur bootstrapping a quickly growing company) that I'll kick her to the curb sooner rather than later.

The main reason she pouts or whimpers is generally around me not giving her attention, which she needs a lot of.

Maybe too much.

And she's young (newly 22), has no sense of direction or urgency about her life, and little respect for my extremely limited and expensive time.

But I take ownership of educating her on these fronts and she's come around a lot.

I don't want to apologize for her but on the other hand how can she knows these things if I don't communicate them to her?

I also have to make it clear that she's generally VERY submissive and obedient and at no point have I ever been under her thumb in any way whatsoever.

I'm perfectly willing to walk away, and she knows it.

2 - @StrikeBack

Thanks for the mindset tune up.

Messages In This Thread