rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If You Were 18 Again, What Would You Do Differently?

If You Were 18 Again, What Would You Do Differently?

I was thinking about this today as to how I'd advise my hypothetical future 18 year old son about 'the ways of the world'. I've recently gone back to college for engineering and there's a mixed bag of students on the course. A few 18 year olds who remind me of myself at their age etc; one of whom i tried bringing up idea that, maybe it'd be wise to ditch his long distance girlfriend who has just started university and has already tried to initiate a break up during her freshers week.... But I guess some people need to learn things that hard way.

1. Do not go to university at 18. When I was 18 I was desperate to get out of mum and dads house and live independently; for some reason it never occurred to me that there were other ways to achieve that - perhaps because everyone else was doing it? Luckily I avoided debt as my grandparents had set money aside.

2. Travel and work odd jobs until you're at least 22; then pick something to apprentice in or study that you have learned is a good idea from having actual experience in the world.

3. Girls are for sex and for fun; they're not 'soul mates' *shudders*. Get your virginity out the way early and get experience with girls (traveling makes this one possible). Knowing how sex actually operates makes you a far more functional and reasonable human being in all aspects of life.

4. Learn to have value and don't tolerate being around losers; don't be afraid to do your own thing. Most of your friends will dissapear by the time you're 25 anyway.

Messages In This Thread