rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My perspectives on living in northern Italy

My perspectives on living in northern Italy

For quite some time I've been living in Northern Italy ,I don't want to be too specific about where or why due to fear of doxing/small world effect but lets say I came here for opportunities that didnt exactly work out how I planned. I've been here long enough to explain the advantages and disadvantages of life here. For me the biggest advantage was I know people here and unfortunately thats where the buck stopped overall. Italians when you know them on a personal level (in the north its very hard to get to know people personally) they will be your friends for life,they are kind generous but can at times be a bit uninspiring and dull. Northern Italy takes the best and worst from Southern Italy and Germanic Northern Europe.

Quality of Life
Italy is fucked economically,even in the north while wages are reasonable ,bosses are jerks and it's impossible to have any sort of flexibility. Only in Italy you are forced to take off time during when your boss decides. Italy's lack of flexibility and opportunities for advancement of ones life really drag people down. Now emigration from Italy in highest numbers is actually from the wealthiest northern regions rather than the south who have gotten a head start.

http://www.thelocal.it/20161006/over-100...ad-in-2015

Girls. My flatmate who's a real chill dude explained to me that girls from the South are more feminine and have better faces as well as nicer personalities so I'd honestly just go to the south but don't expect any fast sex. I'd also learn Italian to open up more opportunities with chatting up chicas all over Italy. Northern girls are less traditional and are a bit similar to Polish girls in the sense that they have butterfaces and nice bodies. Not my cup of tea,I'm face guy first and body guy second when it comes to girls. I'll still give them a thumbs up over most of north western Europe,both in appearence and personality.They are thin and aren't completely dull and feminist. I'd definitely rate them above Brits,Germans (including Austrians and Swiss Germans) as well as nordic and girls from Belelux and Ireland. As you'll see however,it's not a good enough reason to come or stay here

Biggest problem with girls(and society here) imo
Do you have an aversion or above average aversion to shitting where you eat? Don't come to Italy then,social circle game is so ingrained in a huge number of success that I feel the pain of so many Italian men who can't stand stupid BS. I can understand why both men AND women want to leave Italy and are doing so more and more. Traditions and relationships seemed to be based not on mutual interest but geography ,Italians because of this low level of mobility overall seem as some of the most ignorant people I've met in Europe. Not everyone I met of course but It wasn't until I arrived here that looking back on life in the US I'd consider some of the fat stupid merkans smarter and more worldly than Paola or Ricardo. Cities in the north feel too archaic and living dwellings are very cramped for a proper lifestyle. A big part of why the north is wealthier than other regions is earlier industrialization which means there is a lot more pollution,I'd say after some parts in the UK ,Northern Italy is the most polluted part in western Europe. Another huge problem is the weather. Summers are extremely hot due to humidity and fall,spring it's too rainy,winters are bloody freezing. I'd say its the worst area in Europe with weather.

If you like good food,art and history I'd consider staying a few months in the North and
checking out various cities. My experience here has been an education,I've become much more of a history buff and have learned to appreciate more than I have in the past lessons and knowledge from the old world. I don't regret my stay as it was something I wanted to do and scope out,but I won't feel bad about leaving once I do.
The biggest take away I got was knowing I could never live anywhere in Southern Europe or anywhere that gets way too hot and humid during the summer.

Messages In This Thread