rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Canadian Co-worker Bad-Mouthing Me To Other Students

Canadian Co-worker Bad-Mouthing Me To Other Students

Quote: (11-20-2016 05:48 AM)Going strong Wrote:  

Quote: (11-16-2016 07:56 AM)262 Wrote:  

Assuming the PM from the student is true, your main goal here is to keep your standing at the school; the Canadian is secondary.

It's like how Trump's main goal was to get elected; Hillary was secondary.

One possible strategy? Agree and amplify. Profess your love for Trump to comically impossible levels. Anytime a label or an argument gets thrown at Trump and/or you, just ignore it, and praise the Almighty God-Emperor.

The likely result of this strategy? If you're doing it right, folks will laugh WITH you. They won't know if you're serious or just ridiculous. And most importantly, the Canadian's attacks won't work. Folks will associate him with bad vibes, and they'll associate you with good ones.

With all due respect 262, and even though this would work almost everywhere in the world, still: this would be a terrible strategy to implement (at the moment) in Ukraine (people would fail to see the humor). One strategy that, who knows?, might even have him removed from the country... (Also, any attempt at humor will be met by: "soxhee, X-thousand people been keeled in Donbass, so I no laughing!")

Much better to refuse talking politics in Ukraine, to dodge the subject and any question. Believe me, each time I spoke about politics in Ukraine, I lived to regret it: people are not open to logical reasoning about the Ukraine-USA-Russia relations. Talking about politics in Ukraine is like sticking your hand in a bee nest, a little honey to gather but much stinging and wounding.

Yes, 100% agreed. Speak your mind in private and with people you already have some trust/bond. In public just say "Slava Ukraina, Geroaim Slava", or nothing about politics at all.

Messages In This Thread