rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stockholm plunged into chaos by feminist-friendly snow removal

Stockholm plunged into chaos by feminist-friendly snow removal

Quote: (11-15-2016 12:10 AM)weambulance Wrote:  

Quote: (11-14-2016 10:55 PM)Skull_Leader Wrote:  

Quote: (11-14-2016 10:03 PM)Kona Wrote:  

I wonder how many women actually do the plowing and shovellin of snow?

And I have a serious question abnoutmroads and snow:

Why don't they just put some type of heating element under asphalt and concrete when they are building roads? Why haven't places been doing this for years?

Its not like three feet of snow just falls out of the sky at once, it builds up gradually. If the roads and sidewalks were warm, it would be like rain.

Please advise.

Aloha!

I had been wondering about that too, so I looked into it, and apparently, It takes a surprising amount of power to run heating elements to melt snow. But with that said, there are bridges that employ heating elements like that

It would be amazingly expensive to run, yeah, and there would be all kinds of issues with drainage when the top several feet of ground was frozen. Lots of potential problems and it's just not worth the bother. They don't need that anyway. Just get the plows and salt trucks out at 3 AM and the roads will never be icy to begin with. It very rarely gets cold enough in Stockholm for salt to stop working, and if it does, the ice isn't that slippery anymore.

As to the gender equal plowing policy... these people are clearly mentally ill. They think they can rewrite reality by passing a law, and that is insane. What more is there to say?

I think Japan has heating elements under a good chunk of its roads. If you do it before hand with a basic simple system it isn't all that bad, Japan has lots of paved surfaces where runoff gets channeled on to as well.

In the USA in some older cites that still got the old steam channels under the streets before HVAC was wide spread you would get the same effect. The man holes would shoot out excess steam pressure and the roads would catch enough of the residual heat to melt light snow fall on contact.

Lots of folks plop down the cash and get for their driveway's as well. Technology is more than common it is just a matter if you want to eat that upfront cost which can be steep

You could get away with a basic ass system using steam or geothermal. But since nobody wants to pay for expensive upfront costs to install that you get shitty salting and plowing. In Canada it is much worse as we get cold enough that the concrete warps and cracks each year. They just keep doing the same system even though it still barley manages ice and you get pot holes every spring but places just to cheap to make that intial investment.

**** edit *** I just seen Hell in Newark post.

On sinkholes does that have more to do with soil fitness ? Japan on fault lines and ha's soft soil shifting all the time. Your not getting that shit here in many parts of North America.

Messages In This Thread