rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2 months in Buenos Aires - Logistics
months in Buenos Aires - Logistics
Quote: (11-08-2016 03:38 PM)ieatkeyboards Wrote:  

I'm planning on spending 2 months in Buenos Aires. I plan on arriving January 7th, and staying until the last week of February.

I'd prefer to already know that I have a place to stay before I buy plane tickets. I want to stay in a "casa compartida" with Argentines my age. Also, I'd prefer to stay in San Telmo or Palermo.

What's the best way to go about looking for a room in a Casa Compartida? Is November too early to reserve a room for 2 months?

Should I book the tickets and check into a hostel while I apartment hunt? I do have a friend who offered that I could stay with her, but she lives with her family and it might be awkward.

I speak Spanish fluently, and I use to date a porteña, and I know all their unique words and expressions. I'm 23, and graduated from College in May, so I could probably try to find student housing, as I still have my college ID.

What do you guys think?

There is a mass exodus from BsAs to Uruguay and the Argentine coast in January to February. It should be really easy to find a well priced room for that reason. It's definitely not the ideal time to be in the city, but BsAs is big enough that it's still decent, albeit really hot.

I would check for a room on Airbnb first since you have the reviews and don't need to worry as much about flakiness or security deposits (which get jacked in BsAs like 50% of the time). Argie dudes into their 30s are often crackhead messy, so I'd opt for a reviewed host or a vetted mutual friend over trying to save a few bones on a classified ad. If you can't negotiate a good price on airbnb, ask one of your local friends to post on facebook that you're looking since there should be a big supply of rooms.

Messages In This Thread