rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weightlifting: Starting Strength

Weightlifting: Starting Strength

Quote: (08-14-2011 02:42 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (08-14-2011 12:14 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

What's this obsession with gaining mass/weight all about?
Guess it's body building etc
Think you'll change your mind once y'all hit 35....then you'll be trying to work out how to get rid of it!

At 6ft4 I'm around 210 ,eat normal,run and callesthenics 3 x a week

Young Tyson had a great physique....no weights anywhere in his training programme!

"Eat normal." No wonder you have trouble staying lean. Eating normal in America today means getting fat. In some countries, or the America of 50 years ago, not so much.

Mike Tyson was 218 at 5'10 for a BMI of 31.3. You'd have to gain 47 lbs to get to the same size relative to your height (i.e. 31.3 BMI). And that's lean weight. 99% of people have to lift seriously, for years, to get a physique like that. How do you operate a computer and yet still be so oblivious to reality? Retard or troll.

Who said I had trouble staying lean?!
I'm 6ft4 and 210 pounds !
And I'm in the UK not the US....although we're not far behind on the obesity scale here.
If that's fat to you,you must be an Emo kid loving skinny jeans [Image: smile.gif]

I don't remember comparing myself to Tyson or mentioning BMI.
As I said before Tyson was 190 pounds when he was 13-14 before he ever stepped in a gym,so he was genetically predisposed to be big!
Callesthenics,running and hitting the bags brought him down in weight but sculpted the physique,not weights.

So better to save the insults when you're not clear on the facts.

Messages In This Thread