rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weightlifting: Starting Strength

Weightlifting: Starting Strength

Quote: (05-15-2014 11:12 AM)Blackliter Wrote:  

Alright, so I listened to you guys and shortened my workout considerably. Today I did: squat, deadlift, shoulder press, bench press

Squat 3x4 Tried 105lb
the part on the shoulder where the bar rested hurt a ton..dialed back to 95lb.. didn't feel like I was working out my legs too much, more like the pain on the back stopped me

Deadlift 1x5 95lb
...grazed my knee which is slightly bleeding... how do you guys avoid it hitting your knee and grazing your shin??
Bench Press 1x5 95lb
barely could do it, form at the 5th rep was going all wonky... don't have a spotter so stopped

Shoulder press dumbells, 3x6 25lb (stepped up weight)
bench machine was taken so did this.. my weightlifting friend recommended to only add this to the starting strength routine

Bench 2x5 on machine 105lb
So much easier than regular bench and probably less workout... but safer since I can hook it anytime without a spotter.

Looking for a coach to teach my proper form but having trouble finding one. Need to learn powerclean and press too. Watched all the videos you guys linked but don't know for sure if proper form or not.

Also, I'm not feeling tired or worked out that much... but if I step up weight by 10lbs on any exercise I fail... is that normal?
kinda the reason why I was adding a bunch of exercises earlier

I always dealfit in sweatpants because I run the bar up my shins for good form.

Learn Spanish Game Latinas
http://pickupspanish.com/

Messages In This Thread