rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Mathematics Thread

The Mathematics Thread

'Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.' ~Albert Einstein

I was surprised that when I searched for one, there was no dedicated thread to mathematics! My intention for this thread is to discuss mathematical ideas, problems and proofs from a (relative) beginner level to the highest level.

I plan to post several math problems during a week, at varying difficulties. Please also ask any questions, I am sure that someone here will be skilled enough to answer it.

Why you should take an interest in mathematics:
  • It is truly 'red pill'- With maths, there is no bullshit. There is the truth, and only the truth.
  • You are learning a language- The language of the universe. You will need to have a grasp of math to comprehend how the universe behaves and is formed as we know it.
  • It is masculine- It is no coincidence that in several Anglosphere countries where girls perform better at school than boys due to the feminisation of schooling, the only subject in which boys do better is mathematics. The application of logic and understanding to number is key to a healthy male mind.
  • You will be a better problem solver- As my maths skills have improved, so has my reasoning and concentration.
[Image: prop_deriv598.gif]

I am not a skilled enough mathematician to know anything about topics such as number theory, game theory or anything that is at the upper end of degree level. Hence, the questions and topics I talk about will usually be from: Calculus, Geometry, Statistics, Algebra, Number, Mechanics/Physics, Probability/Combinatorics.

Messages In This Thread