rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Modern University: Supplying debt ridden ignoramuses to the workforce

Modern University: Supplying debt ridden ignoramuses to the workforce

As an employer I feel this...I just scraped into Gen X rather than Millennial, and boy do I feel sorry for those younger than me.

Thank God that at primary school we were taught these basics over and over again until we could meet a reasonable standard of English and Maths. God knows my younger sister didn't. I got a B at GCSE Maths, she got an A* 6 years after me. I asked her what 10% of 57 was, and she couldn't tell me. Damn, what the hell were they teaching them for her to get two grades above me without being able to do primary school maths?

When I went to university (decent one but not premier league) we were all given 'top up' courses for the first 3 months in English, Maths and IT. I laughed derisorily at these 'top up' questions and exams, as it was stuff I had mastered at 6,7 years old, no word of a lie. I thought it was pointless, but damn, other than maybe 20% of the group they all struggled with maths and English that I had licked by the age of 7! I wondered what the hell the future held for these guys...well, most had dropped out by the final year. Bear in mind this was a specific (useful) business degree at a reasonable but not elite university, and they made me feel like a genius. I consider myself average at maths and fairly good at English, that's all.

I have Millennials working for me, and they are clueless about pretty much everything that isn't social media or meaningless Kardashian-level shit. People with degrees in pointless bullshit wondering why they're stuck working for me (hotels) when they've gotten themselves £35,000 in debt for their oh-so-precious degrees they can't use, and have no idea how to use. Even if they COULD get interviews for their dream jobs they'd fuck up the interviews because clearly nobody has taught them ANYTHING about life. I feel sorry for them for having been lied to, tricked by the establishment that just wants wage slaves, even their parents encouraging their special darling to go to university because they have an outdated idea of what 'university' actually is and does for you nowadays. It's a way of delaying adulthood for most young people, it seems.

Here's some maths for you about the true cost of a university degree:

£9,000 x 4 years (honours)
£3,000 living costs x 4 years
£15,000 a year minimum wage job they're NOT working x 4
x 4 years of no pay rises/promotions, assuming you'd get maybe £2000 over 4 years

True cost of a university degree = £110,000, and that's without adding in the interest from your student loan, which by the time you'd pay it back would be astronomical.

So yes, go to university to do something the economy actually needs such as STEM courses; otherwise learn a trade and laugh as these overeducated idiots look down on you for being 'working class' while you drive off in your Audi while they struggle to get their 20 year old shitbox started.

Disclaimer: No, I am not saying ALL Millennials are like this, but a hell of a lot are and it's getting worse.

Messages In This Thread