rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Modern University: Supplying debt ridden ignoramuses to the workforce

Modern University: Supplying debt ridden ignoramuses to the workforce

Quote: (10-22-2016 09:26 AM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  

Quote: (10-21-2016 11:44 PM)Thersites Wrote:  

Sadly, those question you given maybe hard from some not because they are dumb, but our environment is suited for idiots

I don't think stupidity is the problem. IMO, there was no 'education' received in the years that these people went through school. In particular, college.

Part of me also wonder is the lack of teenage after school and summer employment is also to blame. I honed my basic skills working part time from age 16. I saved up enough money to even invest a bit in the stock market.

The summer and after school jobs I had were really important in having me grow from a boy to a man.

I agree and will cite myself as an example. I wish would have done more summer type jobs after I was through with my educational responsibilities.

Schools nowadays are mostly if not only theory; you also need real world experience to tie the knot together into something coherent.

I believe I could have avoided a lot of pain during my life if I had more street smarts and met older fellow men who would have taken me under their wing and taught me something about this wonderful world which can quickly turn cruel for the naive of mind and heart.

Quote: (10-22-2016 09:31 AM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  

Quote: (10-22-2016 09:20 AM)Thersites Wrote:  

Now just imagine student loan companies run by democratic state government. Only few people know what they are doing or care about there job. I have my credit rating destroy because of inept employers and malice company that just wants money.

Years ago, I ran into a guy who was in the same graduating class as me in college. He disappeared during my sophomore year. He explained to me what happened:

He needed student loans to afford college. As an 18 year old, he didn't know much, and was so excited about getting into an engineering program that he really didn't think through the terms of the loan.

The interest started right away instead of being deferred. Being a full time student (up to 19 credits a semester of mostly STEM courses), he couldn't work enough hours to cover the interest spread. College had become to expensive to finance via a job as a waiter. He ended up in default, dropped out, and now had thousands in loans he can't discharge in bankruptcy.

Just to note: No dad in his life. He didn't have an older experience man to sit down and go over the terms with him.... smacking him into reality as to what would happen.

This is why I say to some of my friends who believe the 'He should have known it' mantra to cut a kid some slack.

A boy who is nowadays 18 years old is an equivalent to a 14 year old in the past I believe. Sheltered by their parents, by the educational system, hooked on smart phones, computers they are simply dry of any kind of real life experience that would get their creative juices flowing, the hustler part of their brain flaring.

If you were never given the rundown on basic economics or even said that one should not sign a paper which you do not 100% understand than all of the blame cannot be pinned on you. 50% yes but 50% no.

Kids, boys today need a good smack when they do stupid shit but a reassuring bro hug after and be told: 'All right, don't worry – you're going to pull through this. You're going to need to haul ass and bloody sweat, but I believe you are going to able to come out a better man. And if you need someone to talk to, I'm always available when you need me the most.'

Romans 8:31 - 'What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?'

My notes.

Mike Cernovich Compilation 2015 | 2016

The Gold from Bold

Messages In This Thread