rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Seeking advice on summer work in France

Seeking advice on summer work in France

Quote: (10-15-2016 01:00 PM)britchard Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2016 11:48 AM)James Bond Next level Wrote:  

Sorry to burst your bubble but "small jobs" for students and summer are way less mainstream in France than in the Anglosphere. Our education is usually quite cheap, so we usually don't have that much loans and few students work outside of school.
For job d'été (summer job) even as a French you need connections otherwise the market is saturated : hundreds of résumés for a single opening. The only time I was connected is the only time in my life I had a summer job. Same for my brother.

So good luck. I would try "job été" on google and maybe target touristic location (typically the beaches) : they have more vacancies for these type of jobs and you being english might be a good point as you speak fluent english.

Yeah I expected it to be more saturated, especially with the (relative to UK) high youth unemployment rate.

If I were to look at touristy areas, would this be working at a holiday camp or something like that?

Like for game, be aggressive and have multiple options! Send your CV everywhere and if there are no openings, send it anyway : propose your service by mentioning what you can do. The bold ones always win.
So on the top of my head, try:
-Office du tourisme
-Restaurant
-Bar
-Supermarket

Be creative [Image: idea.gif]

Make men great again!

Messages In This Thread