rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Norway's insane Child Welfare Services (Barnevernet)

Norway's insane Child Welfare Services (Barnevernet)

Quote: (10-14-2016 07:18 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

It may seem harsh but I'm utterly sick of the "think of the children" tripe that gets trotted out when government over-reach is on offer.

You're in luck then since I never said anything like that.

Speaking of being harsh, if you think there's no nuance in this topic then you managed to make yourself a prime example of the root cause to what poisons these families. That's the same kind of white/black this-is-my-belief-and-everything-else-is-communism that I was talking about in the first place.

Got kids, Viscious?

It really is black and white. Where we are now is the result of letting the grey get darker and darker. For example "Shall not be infringed" went to "no full auto without paperwork" went to "not accepting any more applications."

"Shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech" became "no shouting fire in a crowded cinema" became "you will bake the fucking cake or go to jail".

So no, I'm not interested in "limited powers to snatch children" under "special circumstances" because it's always the child snatchers deciding what "limited" means and those "special circumstances" inevitably end up becoming "when people question things, like our right to snatch their children."

The evil is here, and now. We don't get to plead ignorance or get to pretend that we could have frozen government at some sort of ideal point in time. This is the way it went because this is the way it always goes, so you might as well oppose it every step of the way.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Messages In This Thread