rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deadpan shit that flew over her head

Deadpan shit that flew over her head

Sounds to me like she got the joke just fine, but didn't find that line particularly novel or amusing.

In general though, most white women, even college-educated white women, don't seem have particularly well-developed senses of humor. They brag about being "snarky and sarcastic" because a) it's the lowest form of wit, and takes fairly minimal effort to get decent at, and b) gives them an excuse to couch outright nasty behavior in the guise of "oh poor wittle man, did I hurt your feelings? Can't take a joke?" - classic abuser behavior.

Same goes for chicks who claim to be "honest to a fault" or "brutally honest"; does that mean they never lie about anything? Nah, bullshit. What it's code for is "I'm going to be brutally honest about you" i.e. I'm going to say inappropriate or hurtful things and then if you get upset say "But I'm just being honest with you! I'm So. Very. Honest." trying to spin a bug into a feature. Fuck 'em.

Also keep in mind that attractive girls have had all sorts of funny lines run on them by thousands of Mr. Funny Guys. Like so much else, they've been saturated with it to the point almost nothing makes an impression. I do run "clown game" a lot, because that's sort of intrinsic to my personality type and I like to think I'm pretty good at it. And I try to seek out the small population of women that it seems to be devastatingly effective on, but I remember watching some RSD or somebody video titled "Why Funny Guys Don't Get Laid" and he makes some good points.

Lots of girls are simply oversaturated by tryhard humor and they've just tuned out. Additionally, a lot of great humor relies on being observationally funny and framing experiences in a certain way we as men have all the time and can laugh about. But I try to keep in mind that many many women just don't have the experiences I do, so that joke I think is hilarious she's not going to be able to make sense of. They sit on Instagram and take selfies all day, in between slaving away at their dreary retail jobs. They don't really have many experiences at all.

In a brand new girl (vs. one you've been seeing for a while where I've found clowning a bit more often doesn't hurt at all in keeping her on the hook) humor is best used like sriracha sauce: intense but sparing.

Messages In This Thread