rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The #AltTech Disconvergence Thread

The #AltTech Disconvergence Thread

Quote: (10-04-2016 09:21 AM)Blaster Wrote:  

This thread is for discussion of the Alt-Tech movement. The primary goal of the movement is to develop technology and build up technological infrastructure to protect online freedom. Free speech is an obvious priority, but not necessarily the only one.

The short-term motivator is to solve the problem of SJW convergence of existing platforms, where SJW convergence either means direct control from an infected organization, or else a system or algorithm subject to abuse from SJW tactics like content flagging and reporting. Specific SJW hijinks should be recognized as a short-term problem though, and the ultimate goal is solving fundamental problems with existing technology and creating improved platforms that will be better for everyone, not merely the political right.

Last night, Vox Day had an open brainstorm* to announce Project "Big Fork" to his readers, as well as discuss the alt tech disconvergence in general. He gave us a preview of Big Fork, but asked that we not share the details publicly yet. Expect a formal announcement soon. All I can say is that Big Fork is the real deal. It's a great idea and I think it's worth your time to keep an eye on it.

The other two notable, already public platforms in development are the Brave web browser, and Gab, a twitter alternative. Gab.ai currently has a waiting list, because interest is very high and they're not yet built out to accommodate a large influx of users. I'm still on the wait list for Gab so can't review it yet.

I've been using Brave on mobile for a couple of months now. Brave opens links in background "bubbles" (replacing "tabs") which can be manipulated by dragging to different areas of the screen. This is really useful sometimes, though can result in a bit too much screen clutter at other times. I set Brave as my default browser in order to take advantage of this feature, but admit that I still use Pale Moon for most web browsing.

The desktop Brave seems smooth so far. My main issue is that my mouse scroll button doesn't seem to work on most modern sites (touching the scroll button causes it to jump all the way to the bottom). It's actually reminiscent of issues I used to have with a very old version of firefox. I have only used desktop Brave for about a day, though, so it's too soon to make a fair assessment.

* Vox's brainstorms are webinars, usually only available to subscribers, though occasionally open to anyone who wants to register (such as the last one)

This is a far more crucial project than most realize.

The opportunities available to get in on the ground floor and be a part of building an entirely separate, robust alternative to SJW dominated platforms are huge.

This is the next step, lads, in bringing Red Pill and other breakthrough realizations into actual manifestation in the world.

Build. Build well, and win.

Gab.AI is also growing fast - Milo is there. Cernovich, Prison Planet and others. Vox Day has moved entirely to Gab and off Twitter - and importantly, has not seen a drop, but rather an increase in his site traffic.

I'm there myself: http://gab.ai/darktriadman

Get thee hence to Gab.AI and at the very least, get in line.

Regards,

Ivan

Messages In This Thread